Pennsylvania will soon start its rifle deer hunting season before you know it. The Monday after Thanksgiving will see hunters all over the Commonwealth enjoying the season.
With the season almost upon us, here are some safety tips to start putting to memory.
1. Tell someone where you will be hunting.
2. Avoid hunting alone.
3. Dress properly and be prepared for the worst possible weather conditions.
4. Check the weather forecast before hunting.
5. Clearly identify your target before shooting.
6. Check your hunting equipment before and after each outing, and maintain it properly.
7. Always wear enough orange to be seen by other hunters.
8. Do not drink alcohol before hunting.
9. Make sure your renters or homeowners insurance will cover you for any negligent actions you may commit while hunting.
What other safety tips or suggestions do you have which can make this deer hunting season even safer?
Scott B. Cooper
Schmidt Kramer PC
209 State Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
(717) 232-6300 – Telephone
(717) 232-6467 – Facsimile