In these tough economic times, many people want to save on auto insurance. Unfortunately, people tend to save on auto insurance in Pennsylvania by cutting back on important benefits such as uninsured motorist coverage, underinsured motorist coverage, stacking and even buying limited tort which restricts their rights to sue for non-economic damages. Thus, they limit the rights they or a household member have if injured in an car accident or car wreck anywhere in Pennsylvania. This includes even if they are injured as a pedestrian or on a motorcycle.
The insurance companies do not tell you that a person can save on insurance by shopping around and looking for some specific situations which decrease your premium but do not decrease your rights. Here are a few:
1. If you haven’t been in a car accident this year or over a certain number of years.
2. If you are over 25 years of age.
3. If you drive less than 40 miles per day.
4. If your car has air bags.
5. If your car has an anti-theft device.
6. If you insurance all vehicles in the household on the same policy.
7. If you have all of your household insurance for all needs with the same company.
What other ways can you find to save on your insurance premiums without infringing on your rights?